Happy Suffolk Day from all of us at Suffolk Building Society! We’re delighted to be celebrating this special county that we all call home.
Read on to find out what Suffolk means to us, our top recommendations on how to celebrate Suffolk Day and some news about brand new products in our savings range.
What Suffolk means to us and our staff
There’s plenty for us to shout about living in Suffolk and what the county means to us all.
Our branch staff are all proud to live and work in the county, you can find out all about what Suffolk means to them in this short video.
Top 5 things to do on Suffolk Day
There’s plenty going on across Suffolk to celebrate Suffolk Day, we’ve pulled out our top 5 things to get you inspired below.
- ‘A right owd knees-up’ at the restaurant Froize Suffolk raising money for the Cancer Campaign charity in Suffolk with dancing and drinks
- Blythburgh Station are holding a special Suffolk Open Day, 10.30am till 4.00pm. Kindly arranged by the Halesworth to Southwold Narrow Gauge Railway Society – free entry, with free tea and coffee for all. Catch up with the ongoing restoration of the station, which closed 93 years ago!
- Suffolk One sixth form college are hosting a trade fayre for local business to promote and sell their goods. There will also be live music and performing arts throughout the day.
- St Elizabeth Hospice’s popular memorial event, Suffolk Remembers, is planned for 2022 again. Every year Suffolk Remembers sees 5,000 candles displayed along Felixstowe seafront as hundreds of people gather to remember their loved ones.
- The East Anglian Sailing Trust will be at its Waterside Centre in Levington Marina from 10am to 2pm this is for everyone to drop in to chat whilst viewing the boats by the beautiful river Orwell. Cuppas and cake available!
Find out more about all the events going on the Suffolk Day website.