As a mutual organisation we’re keen to support our local communities, which is why our Mutual Advantage savings account benefits a nominated charitable organisation in each of our branch towns.
Every year on 1 July, each charity receives a donation from the Society in the form of a bonus calculated on the average account balance of all Mutual Advantage accounts opened at their partner branch. This donation is paid from the Society and not from any member funds.
This year we’re donating a remarkable £29,800 to our nine charities, with each one receiving the following:
• Aldeburgh branch charity, Aldeburgh Cinema: £21.41
• Hadleigh branch charity, Shelley Centre for Therapeutic Riding: £3,364.69
• Halesworth branch charity, Halesworth and District Museum: £2169.30
• Haverhill branch charity, S.A.R.S: £940.97
• Ipswich (Mutual House) branch charity, Families in Need (FIND): £4,794.01
• Ipswich (Ravenswood) branch charity, 4YP: £2,700.17
• Saxmundham branch charity, Access Community Trust: £886.64
• Sudbury branch charity, The Smile of Arran: £4,394.97
• Woodbridge branch charity, Art for Cure: £10,562.23
Our beneficiary partners are reviewed each year on 1 July with each charity permitted to serve a maximum three-year term, meaning that we can spread funding across a wide variety of charities and organisations across Suffolk.
We are pleased to announce our nominated charities until 30 June 2021 are:
• Aldeburgh – Aldeburgh Cinema
• Hadleigh – The Bumblebee Children's Charity
• Halesworth – Halesworth & District Museum
• Haverhill – S.A.R.S
• Ipswich (Mutual House) – Families in Need (FIND)
• Ipswich (Ravenswood) – Genesis Orwell Mencap
• Saxmundham – Access Community Trust
• Sudbury – The Bridge Project
• Woodbridge – Art for Cure