We're getting ready to celebrate Suffolk Day on Thursday 21 June, with lots of special events in our branches to showcase the best of our county – and we'd love for you to join us!
Here's what is happening in each of our branches:
• Mutual House branch in Ipswich town centre, in collaboration with Suffolk Records Office, will display historical artefacts related to the history of Suffolk and the Society’s own history dating back to 1849. There will also be entertainment from the Children's Theatre Company, who will perform songs from their forthcoming performance of Les Misérables.
• In Aldeburgh we're hosting a “Taste of Suffolk” day with locally produced food and drink samples. [Note: branch closes at 1pm.]
• Hadleigh branch will have cake tins at the ready for a “bake off” competition, open for all to enter and help judge the tastiest cake.
• Our Halesworth branch will host a guided walk of the Halesworth Town Trail followed by refreshments in branch. [Note: branch closes at 3.30pm.]
• At our Haverhill branch we'll host a coffee day with tea, coffee and cakes all on offer. [Note: branch closes at 3pm.]
• At Saxmundham we'll announce the winner and runners up for our Suffolk Day colouring competition, which has been open to children to enter since the end of May. Visitors can view the entries and enjoy an afternoon tea.
• Our Sudbury team will be in St Peter's Church with games, giveaways and the chance to meet our mascot, Pound the Hound. Inside our branch on the Market Hill, visitors will be served coffee and cake made with ingredients from local produce.
• Woodbridge branch will host a Taste of Suffolk event, with delicious treats on offer from local producers.
We'll be celebrating into the evening too, with a special sold out Orwell River Cruise member event which will see 65 people aboard the Orwell Lady for a sunset champagne cruise. Don't miss out next time, view our latest member events here!