In February 2019 we were awarded a Silver Award by the Suffolk Carbon Charter in recognition of the efforts we have made in recent years. The panel were impressed with our clear commitment to sustainability with the installation of air source heat pumps, LED lighting and recycling, as well as the solar panel array fitted at our head office premises.
We’ve also appointed internal ‘Green Champions’ to suggest improvements to reduce our environmental impact, support our sustainability policy and action plan and promote awareness of sustainability and environmental issues throughout the Society.
We have undertaken the following steps:
- Installed solar photovoltaic (PV) panels on the roof of our head office, Freehold House
- Installed low energy LED lighting within Freehold House and across several branches
- Installed energy efficient air source heat pump units (to provide heating and/or cooling) at all sites
- Installed recycling collections at all sites for paper, card, plastics and cans plus glass recycling at Freehold House
- Discontinued use of disposable plastic cups across our premises
- Strongly discouraged unnecessary printing and taken steps to make processes paperless, where possible